The ANDYZ Awards
You do not need to be an ASID member to enter the ANDYZ Awards!
Questions? ANDYZ FAQs
Join us at the 2023 ANDYZ Awards Celebration Event
at Las Vegas Summer Market
2023 ANDYZ AWARDS
The ANDYZ Awards celebrate the year’s best Interior Design.
All Interior Designers, Architects, Design Students and Showrooms are encouraged to submit their best work. A panel of Professional Designers judge the projects, and the winners are announced during a celebration at Las Vegas Summer Market.
EARLY BIRD: For payments received by April 3, 2023. Entries may be turned in at any time before the final submission deadline.
- ASID Members $100 for each entry
- Non-Members $125 for each entry
- ASID Students $25 per entry
- Non-Member Students $30 per entry
AFTER APRIL 3, 2023:
- Professional $150 for each entry
- Students $35 per entry
FINAL Payment & Submission Deadline is MAY 1, 2023.
All entry fees are non-refundable.
BEST CUSTOM FURNISHINGS/PRODUCT DESIGN
BEST RESIDENTIAL KITCHEN DESIGN – Under 150 sq ft
BEST RESIDENTIAL KITCHEN DESIGN – Over 150 sq ft
BEST RESIDENTIAL BATHROOM DESIGN – Under 75 sq ft
BEST RESIDENTIAL BATHROOM DESIGN – Over 75 sq ft
BEST RESIDENTIAL OUTDOOR SPACE DESIGN
BEST INDIVIDUAL RESIDENTIAL SPACE DESIGN – Residence over 3000 sq ft
BEST INDIVIDUAL RESIDENTIAL SPACE DESIGN – Residence under 3000 sq ft
BEST MULTIPLE RESIDENTIAL SPACE DESIGN – Residence over 3000 sq ft
BEST MULTIPLE RESIDENTIAL SPACE DESIGN - Residence under 3000 sq ft
BEST COMMERCIAL SPACE DESIGN
BEST HOSPITALITY SPACE DESIGN
BEST SHOWROOM DESIGN
BEST STUDENT DESIGN
One project winner will be selected for each category, and winner will be notified on or before June 5, 2023. All Winners (or a winner representative) are required to attend the ANDYZ Annual Celebration at Las Vegas Summer Market (date and time TBD)*.
*Travel costs will be at your own expense.
Winners will receive an engraved crystal ANDYZ Award Trophy, be honored at the ANDYZ Annual Celebration during Las Vegas Summer Market, and the Designers work may be published in trade publications, and on social media.
Attendees at the Celebration must register for Las Vegas Summer Market.
2023 ANDYZ Guidelines and Official Entry Information
Photographer Release Form
- PAY FOR AND ENTER YOUR ANDYZ PROJECTS HERE
The ANDYZ Awards are produced in partnership with Las Vegas Design Center.
and the American Society of Interior Designers, CA Central / NV.
The 2023 ANDYZ Awards
Presented in Partnership with
Las Vegas Design Center & ASID California Central | Nevada Chapter
OFFICIAL ENTRY WITH CONTEST RULES AND GUIDELINES
The 2023 ANDYZ Awards are open to all Designers, Architects, Design Firms, Showrooms, and Design Students
The prestigious ANDYZ Awards, which recognize and celebrate noteworthy projects by Interior Designers, Architects, Design Firms, Showrooms, and Design Students, in 14 categories – will be presented during a celebration at the 2023 Las Vegas Summer Market.
The ANDYZ Awards, named to bear the resemblance of “Annual Nevada Design” were created in 2015 to recognize exceptional design from designers and design firms. Interior design projects in residential, commercial, and hospitality categories will be judged anonymously by an esteemed panel of professional ASID practitioners and an editorial member of Furniture Lighting & Décor (a national trade publication).
All Entries must be received by Monday,
May 1, 2023
All entry payments are non-refundable.
EARLY BIRD: For payments received by April 3, 2023. All entries may be turned in at any time before the final submission deadline:
ASID MEMBERS $100 per entry. NON-MEMBERS $125 per entry.
ASID STUDENTS $25 per entry. NON-MEMBER STUDENTS $30 per entry
REGULAR SUBMISSION: After April 3, 2023
PROFESSIONAL $150 per entry STUDENT $35 per entry
Submit your BEST Design Project from the following 14 categories:
___ Student Project – only currently enrolled students in 2022/23 may submit in this category.
___ Custom Furnishings/Product Design – Original product design. Manufacturer’s products are not eligible for entry.
COMMERCIAL CATEGORIES: Property that is used solely for business purposes; including medical centers, malls, retail establishments, sports facilities, community centers, multifamily dwellings, and parks.
___ Commercial Space - A space or spaces within a Commercial Property.
___ Best Showroom Design – Showroom spaces that cater specifically to designers, by selling wholesale and “to-the-trade”.
RESIDENTIAL CATEGORIES: Properties used for living purposes, including single family or mobile homes.
___ Kitchen Under 150 sq ft – Residential Kitchen Project.
___ Kitchen Over 150 sq ft – Residential Kitchen Project.
___ Bathroom Under 75 sq ft – Residential Bathroom Project.
___ Bathroom Over 75 sq ft – Residential Bathroom Project.
___ Outdoor Space – Residential Outdoor Space Project.
___ Individual Residential Space - in a residence under 3000 sq ft - Individual space within a smaller residential property (not including the kitchen or bath), such as a bedroom, media room, living room, laundry room, or garage.
___ Individual Residential Space - in a residence greater than 3001 sq ft - Individual space within a larger residential property (not including the kitchen or bath), such as a bedroom, media room, living room, laundry room, or garage.
___ Multiple Residential Spaces - in a residence under 3000 sq ft - Multiple spaces with-in the same residence. Project is in a smaller residential property.
___ Multiple Residential Spaces - in a residence greater than 3001 sq ft - Multiple spaces with-in the same residence. Project is in a larger residential property.
HOSPITALITY CATEGORIES: Properties that provide food, lodging, entertainment, or leisure services; including hotels, restaurants, night clubs, spas, cruise ships, and amusement parks.
___ Best Hospitality Space - Individual or Multiple Space(s) within a Hospitality Property.
- Each individual entry requires an entry fee.
- All entries must be submitted in the electronic format as outlined in the entry guidelines, to meet our design awards management program (CPJAM.com) requirements.
- All designs MUST have been completed after January 1, 2021 (two-year window).
- Entries must be the work of the designer submitting such work (the “Designer”).
- All Entries must be actual, physically installed projects (except student category).
- Projects may be entered in multiple categories, as long as it fits the category description.
- There are NO limits to the number of entries that you may submit in each design category.
- Projects may be re-entered:
- If they did not win in a previous year.
- If it still meets eligibility requirements.
- Any project previously winning an award in an ASID or LVDC competition will not be accepted.
- The Designer must complete the “Designer Terms and Conditions, Indemnification and Release” form online, and upload a signed photography release form for each entry.
- All images submitted must be high resolution, no greater than 8 MB. High quality photography is important because winning entries are shown during the Awards Celebration on large screens. Images must also meet the magazine editor’s criteria for publication.
- No identifying information about the design company, or its people, may be included in the submission files that are to be reviewed by the judges. This includes, but is not limited to company descriptions, company addresses/stamps, and photos containing people or watermarks. Business logos may be included in photos if they are integral to the built design. Any disallowed identifying information will result in immediate disqualification (this does not include the following items that will not be seen by the judges: Bio, Headshot, Logo, signed Designer Agreement, and photography release form).
- The Designer understands and agrees that winning entries and Designer’s identity, including Designer’s name, image and likeness (including photographs), biographies, employment and/or workplace information may be used by ASID California Central Nevada Chapter (sometimes “Chapter”) and the Las Vegas Design Center (sometimes “LVDC”) for educational, marketing, publicity, advertising or promotional purposes, in any media format now known or hereafter created, and without additional compensation to the Designer or photographer.
- All entries will be retained by ASID California Central/Nevada Chapter and The Las Vegas Design Center and will not be returned to the entrant.
- ASID California Central/Nevada Chapter and The Las Vegas Design Center is not responsible for lost, misdirected, stolen, or damaged entries.
- Each file submitted shall be submitted as outlined in the “Entry Rules & Guidelines” section below.
- Judges reserve the right to determine the quality of the design work necessary to issue an award, and all decisions of the judges are final.
- Winners, or a winner representative, must attend the ANDYZ Award Celebration Event during Las Vegas Summer Market, held July 30 – August 3, 2023. Event Date TBD.
One project winner will be selected per category and the winners will be notified on or before June 5, 2023, via phone and email. The winners list will be made available in July after the Celebration Event at www.cacnv.asid.org under 2023 ANDYZ Awards Winners. Winners will (i) receive an engraved ANDYZ Crystal Award Trophy, (ii) be honored at the ANDYZ Annual Celebration and (iii) the Designer’s work may be published in various trade publications.
The ANDYZ Awards Celebration will be held at the World Market Center during the Las Vegas Summer Market. Please accept our invitation to attend the event. Come and celebrate with your family, friends & colleagues as a VIP entrant! Pre-registration for Summer 2023 Las Vegas Market is required to attend the event. Get LV Market passes here: www.lasvegasmarket.com
HOW TO ENTER
Payments for entries are non-refundable and are due on or before May 1, 2023. Payments must be made before any entries are submitted.
Payments and Entries are submitted online via CPJ Association Management, Design Awards: https://cpjam.com/asid/california-central-nevada/contests/2023-ANDYZ-Awards-Program
Files uploaded will be placed in an entry folder for you. Each entry will be given a specific code that you will use to access each of your entries in CPJAM and upload your entry files. File names will be changed automatically to ensure anonymity. All files must be submitted as directed in the ENTRY RULES AND GUIDELINES section below:
All entries must be received by May 1, 2023.
All judging is done anonymously, on a points-based system, by a national panel of professional ASID practitioners (from outside the region), and by an editorial member of Furniture, Lighting & Décor (a national trade publication).
Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. Judges are selected based on region to avoid conflict of interest. Decisions of judges are final and binding.
Successful entries will be clear, outstanding projects that demonstrate exceptional design and creativity. Judging will focus on the following main criteria:
Presentation – 20%
Innovation/Creative Use of Space- 20%
Scale and Functionality -20%
Aesthetics – 20%
Overall Execution -20%
ENTRY RULES AND GUIDELINES
Each entry submitted must include all required documents and criteria to be eligible to win.
- Each entrant must create a profile on CPJAM (the online platform that manages the ANDYZ Awards). If you have partnered on a project, each of the contributing parties must create a separate CPJAM profile. This ensures they are given equal credit for the design if it wins, and that the correct information is listed in publications and during the Awards Celebration. Also, entrants will need to submit a separate headshot, company logo if different, and a Bio document for each co-contributor.
- You will need to complete one (1) each of the following files: Agreement, Photography Release, Bio, Summary, and up to 8 professional quality J-Peg or PNG picture files (8 photos max for all categories):
- Agreement: The “Designer Terms and Indemnification and Release” must be completed online.
- Photography Release: A signed copy of the photography release form (in PDF or JPEG format), for each photographer that provided images of the project, must be uploaded to CPJAM.
- Bio: A PDF Document in which you must include your name, company name, best mailing address, best e-mail contact, and best phone number contact. Below that, please list the exact name(s) (and/or company name) that you want printed on the Award if you win. You must also include a short bio about yourself and the company that you represent. Please list all your social media handles written in full. Submit a separate Bio for each co contributor on the project.
- Headshot: Upload a recent professional quality headshot for each co-contributor. Logo: Upload a separate file with your company logo, and the logos of co-contributors.
- Photos: A maximum of 8 photos may be submitted for each entry, in all categories (one may be a “before” photo). The picture files should be professional quality, high resolution JPEG or PNG images of no less than 300 dpi - 4 MB preferred. Please be sure that your image file size is no bigger than 8 MB per image. *Please do not label or watermark these files with your name or any personal info. Upon notification of your Award, you may be requested to send .tiff files of your photos for publication and large screen use. Use the order of your images to tell your story. After uploading you can drag and drop the photos to change the order of images. We suggest you also select your preferred photo, by checking the box below that photo. This will be the image shown on your entry folder before the judges open it. Images must be correctly oriented before loading. Pictures cannot be adjusted within the program.
- Photo Captions: Please type a caption in the caption box below each photo that you submit. Captions should describe the photo in no more than 50-80 words.
- Summary: Please complete the summary portion of the entry by typing directly into the summary section. The summary is an explanation of your interior design project in a descriptive, 300 word or less, statement - in paragraph form. *Do not put your name, logo, or identifying information in this section. Please be mindful of your grammar and spelling and write it just as if you are submitting for a publication.
- Floorplan (Optional): Floor plans are optional. Please note, we will not accept any other items including design board, elevations, or renderings (except for student projects), unless you would like to use such a document in place of a photo. *Please do not label this file with your name, and do not leave any watermarks or identifying information about your business and the client in this document.
- We also recommend that you “like’ or follow ASID California Central/Nevada Chapter and Las Vegas Design Center’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts, so winning designs can be tagged for promotion.
- Make sure that your name, your business name, or any client information is not visible on anything that may be viewed by the judges (Not including your Bio, Headshot, Logo, signed Designer Agreement, and Photography release form). Any disallowed identifying information will result in immediate disqualification. Your project may also be disqualified if any of the entry rules and guidelines are not followed.
STUDENT ENTRY GUIDELINES
Students may submit: Floor plans, Boards, Renderings, Picture of Model, but no more than 8 pictures/renderings or design documents total, with files sizes no bigger than 8 MB each (This number does not include the required agreement, bio, photo release (if applicable), and summary.
If you have questions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All federal, state, and local laws apply. If any clause in these terms and conditions and/or in the DESIGNER TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INDEMNIFICATION, AND RELEASE (set forth below) is declared illegal, invalid, the remainder of this Agreement and the DESIGNER TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INDEMNIFICATION, AND RELEASE shall remain enforceable, its clauses being severable.
Chapter reserves the right to disqualify any entries that do not comply with these Rules and Guidelines, or any designer that is in violation of the DESIGNER TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INDEMNIFICATION, AND RELEASE set forth below.
No failure by Chapter to take any action or assert any right hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of such right. No waiver of any right shall be deemed a waiver of any succeeding breach of the same or any other provision hereof.
The Chapter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. Chapter further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical failures of any sort.
DESIGNER TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INDEMNIFICATION, AND RELEASE:
I attest that I am the designer of this project. No other person may claim this design as their own and I have not submitted this design on behalf of anyone else. I have reviewed and understood the requirements of the ANDYZ Awards as set forth in these “2023 ANDYZ Awards “Official Entry and Official Contest Rules and Guidelines” as it pertains to all designers. I will abide by the judge’s decision as final. I am aware that any false or misleading information I have provided will disqualify me for this contest.
By submitting these materials, I am, to the fullest extent of the law, (i) agreeing to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and Guidelines as set forth in the “2023 ANDYZ Awards Official Entry and Official Contest Rules and Guidelines”; (ii) representing that I hold all original copyrights to the materials submitted or that I have obtained written permission from the copyright owner to submit these materials; (iii) representing that the materials submitted do not infringe on copyrights, trademarks, trade dress, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party; (iv) granting the California Central/ Nevada Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers (“Chapter” or “ASID California Central/Nevada”), The Las Vegas Design Center (“LVDC”) and their respective media partners a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, royalty free right and license to copy, reproduce, perform, display, prepare derivative works from, and distribute publicly all of my submitted materials in both print and digital format for any purpose whatsoever; and without additional compensation; and (v) agreeing to indemnify and hold the American Society of Interior Designers, Inc., Chapter and The Las Vegas Design Center and their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively “”Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all losses, claims, injuries, demands, suits, costs, expenses and damages (including reasonable attorney fees and expenses)(collectively “Claim”) that the Indemnified Parties may incur by reason of or arising out of any breach of any of my representations, provision of false information, use of my submitted materials and/or my license grant, except to the extent that such Claim is caused by the gross negligence of the Indemnified Parties.
The Chapter will accept digital images only. Submission does not guarantee use/placement, and Chapter reserves the right to discontinue use of your submitted materials at any time.
Should my design be chosen as a prize-winning award, I agree to allow (and cause the property owner where the project is located to allow) professional photography of the project to be used for future promotional, public relations, or educational purposes. In addition, and except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission by Chapter and the Indemnified Parties to use winner’s names workplace/business information, hometowns, biographical data, and likeness for online posting, any advertising and publicity in any media now known or hereafter created or conceived, and/or on a winner’s list, without additional compensation.
Entry fees paid are non-refundable. Chapter and LVDC are not responsible for (i) late, lost, incomplete, or unsubmitted entries; (ii) any telephone, electronic hardware or software program, network, internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; (iii) any errors in transmission; (iv) any condition caused by
events beyond the control of Chapter or LVDC that may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance of any prize, or from participation in the contest; (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the contest. All submitted entries complete with documentation become property of ASID and LVDC and will not be returned.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST AND/OR ACCEPTING ANY PRIZE THAT I MAY WIN, I AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS CHAPTER, LVDC AND EACH THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL ACTIONS, CLAIMS, INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, EXPENSES OR CAUSE OF ACTION OF ANY KIND RISING OUT OF OR IN ANY MANNER, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, RELATING TO MY PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, SUBMISSION OF CONTEST MATERIALS, AND/OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON DEFAMATION, PUBLICITY RIGHTS, AND INVASION OF PRIVACY.
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM FAMILIAR WITH SECTION 1542 OF THE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE AND I HEREBY WAIVE AND RELINQUISH ANY RIGHTS AND BENEFITS WHICH I MAY HAVE UNDER CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH SECTION PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS:
“A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE A MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR”