The ANDYZ Awards
2020 ANDYZ AWARDS
The ANDYZ Awards celebrate the year’s best Interior Design.
All Interior Designers, Architects, Design Students and Showrooms are encouraged to submit their best work. A panel of Professional Designers judge the projects, and the winners are announced during a celebration at Las Vegas Summer Market.
EARLY BIRD: For payments received by March 30th 2020. Entries may be turned in at any time before the final submission deadline.
- $100 for each entry.
- Students $25 per entry.
AFTER MARCH 30:
- Practitioners $125 for each entry.
- Students $35 per entry
All entry fees are non-refundable.
Pay here: Pay for ANDYZ Submissions
BEST CUSTOM FURNISHINGS/PRODUCT DESIGN
BEST RESIDENTIAL KITCHEN DESIGN
BEST RESIDENTIAL BATHROOM DESIGN
BEST RESIDENTIAL OUTDOOR SPACE DESIGN
BEST INDIVIDUAL RESIDENTIAL SPACE DESIGN
BEST MULTIPLE RESIDENTIAL SPACE DESIGN
BEST COMMERCIAL SPACE DESIGN
BEST HOSPITALITY SPACE DESIGN
BEST SHOWROOM DESIGN
BEST STUDENT DESIGN
One project winner will be selected for each category, and winner will be notified on or before June 19th, 2020. All Winners (or winner representative) are required to attend the ANDYZ Annual Celebration at Las Vegas Summer Market (date and time TBD)*.
*Travel costs will be at your own expense.
Winners will receive an engraved Crystal ANDYZ Award Trophy, be honored at the ANDYZ Annual Celebration during Las Vegas Summer Market, and the Designers work may be published in trade publications, and on social media.
Attendees at the Celebration must register for Las Vegas Summer Market.
Download the entire 2020 ANDYZ Awards Official Entry Form
Download 2020 ANDYZ Designer Terms Conditions Indemnification & Release - form only, to sign and submit
Pay for your entries here: https://2020andyzentryfees.eventbrite.com
Upload your Entry Files to ASIDCANV through fileinbox.com
View Complete Rules and Entry Form Online Below.
The ANDYZ Awards are produced in partnership with Las Vegas Design Center.
and the American Society of Interior Designers, CA Central / NV.
Showcase your brand with the ANDYZ Awards and get noticed at the ANDYZ Awards Celebration at Las Vegas Summer Market!
2019 ANDYZ Awards Sponsors:
The ANDYZ Awards are open to all Designers, Architects, (including Students), Design Firms, and Showrooms.
EARLY BIRD: For payments received by March 30th 2020. Entries may be turned in at any time before the final submission deadline.
- $100 for each entry.
- Students $25 per entry.
After March 30th:
- $125 for each entry.
- Students: $35 per entry
All entry payments are non-refundable.
Submit your BEST Design Project from the following 10 categories,
___Student Project – only currently enrolled students in 2019/20 may submit in this category.
___Custom Furnishings/Product Design – Original product design. Manufacturer’s products are not eligible for entry.
RESIDENTIAL CATEGORIES: Properties used for living purposes, including single family or mobile homes.
___Kitchen – Residential Kitchen Project.
___Bathroom – Residential Bathroom Project.
___Outdoor Space – Residential Outdoor Space Project.
___Individual Residential Space - Individual space within a residential property (not including the kitchen or bath), such as a bedroom, media room, living room, laundry room, or garage.
___Multiple Residential Spaces - Multiple spaces with in the same residence.
COMMERCIAL CATEGORIES: Property that is used solely for business purposes; including medical centers, malls, retail establishments, sports facilities, community centers, multifamily dwellings and parks.
___Commercial Space - A space or spaces within a Commercial Property.
___Best Showroom Design – Showroom spaces that cater specifically to designers, by selling wholesale and “to-the-trade”.
HOSPITALITY CATEGORIES: Properties that provide food, lodging, entertainment, or leisure services; including hotels, restaurants, night clubs, spas, cruise ships, and amusement parks.
___Best Hospitality Space - Individual or Multiple Space(s) within a Hospitality Property.
CONTEST RULES AND GUIDELINES
All interior design entries MUST have been completed after January 1, 2018.
All entries must be the work of the designer submitting such work (the “Designer”).
3) There are NO limits to the number of entries that you may submit in each design category. The Designer must submit a signed “Designer Terms and Conditions, Indemnification and Release” for each entry. The Designer must pay the appropriate entry fees for each project submitted.
4) The Designer understands and agrees that winning entries and Designer’s identity, including Designer’s name, image and likeness (including photographs), biographies, employment and/or workplace information may be used by ASID California Central Nevada Chapter (sometimes “Chapter”) and the Las Vegas Design Center (sometimes “LVDC”) for educational, marketing, publicity, advertising or promotional purposes, in any media format now known or hereafter created, and without additional compensation to the Designer.
5) All entries will be retained by ASID California Central/Nevada Chapter and The Las Vegas Design Center and will not be returned to the entrant.
6) ASID California Central/Nevada Chapter and The Las Vegas Design Center is not responsible for lost, misdirected, stolen, or damaged entries.
7) Any project previously winning an award in an ASID or LVDC competition will not be accepted.
8) Each folder and file submitted shall be labeled as outlined in the “Entry Rules & Guidelines” section below.
9) Judges are professional ASID designers who are located outside of the contest area, and reserve the right to determine the quality of the design work necessary to issue an award. All decisions of the judges are final.
10) Winners, or a winner representative, must attend the ANDYZ Award Celebration Event during Las Vegas Summer Market, July 2020. Exact Date TBD.
One project winner will be selected per category and the winners will be notified on or before June 19 th, 2020 via phone and e-mail. If you have not heard back by June 19th, all entrants will be able to view the winners list at www.cacnv.asid.org under 2020 ANDYZ Awards Winners. Winners will (i) receive an engraved ANDYZ Crystal Award Trophy, (ii) be honored at the ANDYZ Annual Celebration and (iii) the Designer’s work may be published in various trade publications.
The ANDYZ Celebration will be held in July, 2020 at the World Market Center during Las Vegas Summer Market. Please accept our invitation to attend the event. Come and celebrate with your family, friends & colleagues as a VIP entrant! Pre-registration for Summer 2020 Las Vegas Market is required to attend the event. Get LV Market passes here: www.lasvegasmarket.com
HOW TO ENTER:
Payments are non-refundable, and due on or before April 27th, 2020. Payments must be made before any entries are submitted. Payment for each entry is made on-line at https://2020andyzentryfees.eventbrite.com
Entries are submitted online via Dbinbox to a designated Dropbox folder. Drag and drop all individual project files pertaining to your entry (max of 8 for individual spaces or 10 for multiple spaces) here: https://dbinbox.com/asidcanv.
Please ensure that all files are correctly labeled. The files will be placed in an entry folder for you. The names on all files given to the judges will be replaced with code numbers to ensure anonymity. Please ensure that all files submitted are labeled as directed in the ENTRY RULES AND GUIDELINES section below:
All entries must be received by April 27th, 2020.
Successful entries will be clear, outstanding projects that demonstrate exceptional design and creativity. Judging will focus on the following main criteria:
- Presentation – 20%
- Innovation/Creative Use of Space- 20%
- Scale and Functionality -20%
- Aesthetics – 20%
- Overall Execution -20%
Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. Judges are selected from the Eastern Regions of the United States, in order to avoid conflict of interest. Decisions of judges are final and binding.
ENTRY RULES AND GUIDELINES:
Each entry submitted must include all required documents and criteria. Each entry file that you submit is to be labeled with your name and the category you are entering. You must also number your entry if you are submitting more than one design in the same category. (eg: SaraMarshall.kitchen1). Files are submitted individually, therefore correct labeling is imperative.
You will need to create one (1) each of the following files: Agreement, Bio, Summary, and up to 5 picture files (all photos must be professional quality):
- Agreement: A copy of your signed “Designer Terms and Indemnification and Release” must be included and labeled with your name, the category you are entering, and the word “agreement”.(eg: SaraMarshall.kitchen1.agreement)
- Bio: MS Word document in which you include your name, address, best e-mail contact, and best phone number contact. List the exact name(s) (and/or company name) that you would you want printed on the Award. You must also include a short bio about yourself and the company that you represent, a recent professional quality headshot, your company logo, and all of your social media handles written in full. Label the document with your name, category, number (if needed) and bio (eg: SaraMarshall.kitchen1.bio). We also recommend that you “like’ or follow ASID California Central/Nevada Chapter and Las Vegas Design Center’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts, in order for your winning designs to be tagged for promotion.
- Summary: Create a 2nd MS. Word document labeled with the category that you are entering, plus an explanation of your interior design project in a descriptive, 300 word or less, statement - in paragraph form. Do not put your name, logo, or identifying information inside this document. Please be mindful of your grammar and spelling, and write it just as if you are submitting for a publication. Label this file with your name, category, number (if needed) and the word “summary” (eg: SaraMarshall.kitchen1.summary).
- Photos: Each entry submission is limited to 5 photos for single space entries, & up to 7 photos for multiple space, hospitality, and showroom entries, if needed (one may be a “before” photo). Picture files should be professional quality, high resolution jpeg images of no less than 300 dpi. Please be sure that your image file size is no bigger than 3 MB per image. Please label each photo file with your name, category, number (if needed) and pic1, 2, 3, 4, 5, in the order that you would like them viewed (eg: SaraMarshall.kitchen1.pic1). Upon notification of your Award, you may be requested to send .tiff files of your photos for publication and large screen use.
- Floorplan (Optional): Please note, we will not accept any other items including design board, elevations, or renderings (except for student projects), unless you would like to use such a document in place of a photo. If you would like to include a floorplan, please label your Floorplan with your name, category, number (if needed) and FP (eg: SaraMarshall.kitchen1.FP).
All photos and documents should not contain any watermarks or the designer or client information, except for your Bio and Agreement. Projects will be disqualified if your name, your business name, or any client information is visible on anything other than the bio, and agreement files. Your project may also be disqualified if any of the entry rules and guidelines are not followed.
STUDENT ENTRY GUIDELINES:
Students may submit: Floor plans, Boards, Renderings, Picture of Model, but no more than 5 pictures or design documents total, with files sizes no bigger than 3 MB each (This does not include the required agreement, bio, and summary files – up to 8 files per submission).
If you have questions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- All federal, state, and local laws apply. If any clause in these terms and conditions and/or in the DESIGNER TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INDEMNIFICATION, AND RELEASE (set forth below) is declared illegal, invalid, the remainder of this Agreement and the DESIGNER TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INDEMNIFICATION, AND RELEASE shall remain enforceable, its clauses being severable.
- Chapter reserves the right to disqualify any entries that do not comply with these Rules and Guidelines, or any designer that is in violation of the DESIGNER TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INDEMNIFICATION, AND RELEASE set forth below.
- No failure by Chapter to take any action or assert any right hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of such right. No waiver of any right shall be deemed a waiver of any succeeding breach of the same or any other provision hereof.
- Chapter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. Chapter further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
DESIGNER TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INDEMNIFICATION, AND RELEASE:
I attest that I am the designer of this project. No other person may claim this design as their own and I have not submitted this design on behalf of anyone else. I have reviewed and understood the requirements of the ANDYZ Awards as set forth in these “2020 ANDYZ Awards “Official Entry and Official Contest Rules and Guidelines” as it pertains to all designers. I will abide by the judge’s decision as final. I am aware that any false or misleading information I have provided will disqualify me for this contest.
By submitting these materials, I am, to the fullest extent of the law, (i) d by the agreeing to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and Guidelines as set forth in the “2020 ANDYZ Awards Official Entry and Official Contest Rules and Guidelines”; (ii) representing that I hold all original copyrights to the materials submitted or that I have obtained written permission from the copyright owner to submit these materials; (iii) representing that the materials submitted do not infringe on copyrights, trademarks, trade dress, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party; (iv) granting the California Central/ Nevada Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers (“Chapter” or “ASID California Central/Nevada”), The Las Vegas Design Center (“LVDC”) and their respective media partners a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, royalty free right and license to copy, reproduce, perform, display, prepare derivative works from, and distribute publicly all of my submitted materials in both print and digital format for any purpose whatsoever; and without additional compensation; and (v) agreeing to indemnify and hold the American Society of Interior Designers, Inc., Chapter and The Las Vegas Design Center and their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively “”Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all losses, claims, injuries, demands, suits, costs, expenses and damages (including reasonable attorney fees and expenses)(collectively “Claim”) that the Indemnified Parties may incur by reason of or arising out of any breach of any of my representations, provision of false information, use of my submitted materials and/or my license grant, except to the extent that such Claim is caused by the gross negligence of the Indemnified Parties.
Chapter will accept digital images only. Submission does not guarantee use/placement, and Chapter reserves the right to discontinue use of your submitted materials at any time.
Should my design be chosen as a prize winning award, I agree to allow (and cause the property owner where the project is located to allow) professional photography of the project to be used for future promotional, public relations, or educational purposes. In addition, and except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission by Chapter and the Indemnified Parties to use winner’s names workplace/business information, hometowns, biographical data, and likeness for online posting, any advertising and publicity in any media now known or hereafter created or conceived, and/or on a winner’s list, without additional compensation.
Entry fees paid are non-refundable. Chapter and LVDC are not responsible for (i) late, lost, incomplete, or unsubmitted entries; (ii) any telephone, electronic hardware or software program, network, internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (iii) any errors in transmission; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Chapter or LVDC that may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance of any prize, or from participation in the contest; (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the contest. All submitted entries complete with documentation become property of ASID and LVDC and will not be returned.
BY PARTICIPATING INTHIS CONTEST AND/OR ACCEPTING ANY PRIZE THAT I MAY WIN, I AGEE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS CHAPTER, LVDC AND EACH THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL ACTIONS, CLAIMS, INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, LIABILITES, EXPENSES OR CAUSE OF ACTION OF ANY KIND RISING OUT OF OR IN ANY MANNER, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, RELATING TO MY PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, SUBMISSION OF CONTEST MATIERIALS, AND/OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON DEFAMATION, PUBLICITY RIGHTS, AND INVASION OF PRIVACY.
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM FAMILIAR WITH SECTION 1542 OF THE CLAIFORNIA CIVIL CODE AND I HEREBY WAIVE AND RELINQUISH ANY RIGHTS AND BENEFITS WHICH I MAY HAVE UNDER CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH SECTION PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS:
“A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE A MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR”
(Print or Type):
City, State, Zip __________________________________________________________________